The path to creating a successful business has already been blazed by others.
“Success leaves tracks,” so follow those tracks rather than reinventing the wheel as you create success for yourself.
First, study highly successful people.
Learn how they spend their time and what habits they use to achieve their success.
Next, define what success means to you and develop the habits that will get you there, rather than remaining on the perpetual road of slow-to-no-growth.
Now, take these 9 lessons to heart when you find yourself tempted to reinvent the wheel.
- Money loves speed and money loves to circulate, so take imperfect action now.
- If everyone else is doing it, that’s evidence perhaps you should do it, too.
- While you’re creating elaborate business plans, someone else is implementing their cocktail napkin sketch, which they probably copied from someone.
- If you’re worried about standing out, imagine having a name like “Jim Palmer” – and look what guys named Jim Palmer tend to do.
- Getting your book written and published is something you can be working on a little bit every day.
- You can start a business on the fly, without a formal launch and without some esoteric “plan”.
- Actually, you can start lots of them, very quickly.
- If you’re doing a whole lot of “stuff”, which may include analyzing the wheel, that could be a symptom of what needs cured.
- You may be reinventing the wheel because you’re chasing cash you desperately need – so here’s how you “catch that cash” QUICKLY without having to create anything special.
I’ll also point out that rather than reinventing the wheel, you can just turn it – or adjust your sails, as the case may be.
If you would like to learn more about how to build your Dream Business so you too can live your Dream Lifestyle, let’s talk about it – my calendar is open!
Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment