As consumers, we learn to negotiate the price of major purchases.
As entrepreneurs, we learn to not so much negotiate price, but instead negotiate value.
In other words, if the ROI (return on investment) is there, the amount of the investment is almost irrelevant.
Admittedly, when I was starting out 22 years ago, and very cash-strapped, this principle sounded like hocus pocus!
And then one day a mentor asked me this question:
“Jim, if you were to give me $100, and I give you back $110 dollars, how many times would you give me $100?”
My reply, “All day long!”
I finally understood why ROI was more important than the size of the investment.
Remember this lesson when:
- The person or company you really need to hire is asking for a little more money, or a slightly higher rate, than you expected
- Your wealthy, affluent client is “all of a sudden” claiming they “can’t afford” your high-ticket offer
- For whatever reason, you think about low-balling your pitch to get a fast close
- You’re betting the farm on a coupon code or holiday sale
This also applies to masterminds and coaching programs, which (allegedly) according to some, are “intangibles”.
Yeah, I get where they’re coming from.
They’re flat dead wrong, but I won’t hate on them for still being in poverty mindset.
I’ve lost count of how many clients I’ve moved from 5-figures to 6- and 7-figures in less than two years (in many cases, within ONE year).
Therefore, I can candidly put it out there that:
- An ethical coach will never, ever “guarantee” you’ll make a specific dollar amount – if they do, they’re lying to you.
- This ethical coach CAN guarantee that if you don’t take the coaching seriously, don’t show up or participate in mastermind calls, and don’t follow the steps you’re given, you WILL NOT meet whatever goals you set.
- Conversely, if you DO do these things, you VERY WELL MAY actually EXCEED whatever goals you set!
One of the testimonials I received is from someone who belonged to my program for five years before the opportunity to put it to work enabled him to realize a 6:1 ROI on all that investment by closing ONE high-ticket deal.
You can see SCORES of my results here and here.
Here’s one final question for you.
If you gave me $497 ONE TIME and it could turn into $178,920 PER YEAR… would you?
Put me to the test and trust me in this.