Here’s a little “instant coaching” from Cap’t Jim – are you ready?
Worrying what others think does not accomplish anything, so stop worrying what others may think of you.
Indeed, it can be a huge source of stress and anxiety that gets in your way just when you need a clear airstrip to take flight!
You cannot control how others perceive or judge you, but you can control how you react to it.
Here are some steps you can take right now to help you stop worrying what others think about you:
- Set your own goals and define your own values and objectives. When you have a clear sense of purpose, other people’s opinions become less influential.
- When you catch yourself worrying about what others think, ask yourself if they are based on evidence or just assumptions – or if you even give a hoot!
- Spend more time with people who appreciate you and respect you for who you are.
- Minimize exposure to negativity or people who bring you down.
- Concentrate on activities that interest and fulfill you. Engaging in hobbies or serving others can boost your self-esteem and provide a sense of accomplishment.
Any one of these is a step in the right direction.
Pick the one that feels easiest to start with — and just watch as you worry less about what others think of you!
How can you tell if worry about what others think of you is weighing you down – even when you believe you’re immune to criticism?
Start by asking yourself these questions.
Each link opens in a separate tab, so you can explore all these paths right now without losing your place here.
Give yourself a moment to at least check these out; because I know what you may be thinking…
These questions may seem random, but trust me in this.
Sometimes you ask a question and get an answer to a different question… that proves to be what you really needed to know all along.
You just didn’t know – nor did you have any way of knowing – you should have been asking a different question!
This phenomenon happens during the Profit Seats as well as 1:1 coaching calls in our Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program all the time!
Now, it’s time to beat your dream-stealing head trash and turn down the volume of self-doubt so you can build your dream business!
Life is too short to wait due to what others may think of you.
So stop waiting for it to get easier!