Stick Like Glue Radio #177 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the online marketing guru Lindsey Anderson, known internationally as ‘One Click Lindsey’ on how to drive more traffic and convert that traffic to leads! Don’t miss this powerful extended interview!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the online marketing guru Lindsey Anderson, known internationally as ‘One Click Lindsey,’ on how to drive more traffic and convert that traffic into leads! Don’t miss this powerful extended interview!
Main Questions Asked:
- What do you mean by, “The internet is the wild, wild west of marketing?”
- How do you start looking for website improvements?
- Are Facebook lead ads comparable to Facebook ads with regards to cost?
- Does someone need to have a Facebook company page in order to run lead generation ads?
- Why don’t people take part in ‘irresistible offers’ anymore?
- With 21-day online training courses, do you give people the option to get all the information in one go, or do you make them go through the 21 days?
- What happens after the 21 days? How do you take the relationship to the next level?
- What are the biggest mistakes you see people making when they are trying to grow a business using the internet?
- What is the best way to turn a website visitor into a client?
- What are the elements of designing a killer landing page?
Key Lessons Learned:
Facebook Lead Ads
- You need to have a Facebook company page in order to run lead generation ads.
- Facebook lead ads keep the user on Facebook and use targeting options based on gender, location, age, and personal interests.
- The ad will appear in users’ feeds as a sponsored ad.
- A Facebook lead ad is different to a regular Facebook ad. There is a pre-populated form submitted to the business owner with 2 clicks.
- The best option is to do testing with both Facebook lead ads and regular ads.
- Lead adverts indirectly advertise the Facebook page, which often leads to targeted likes.
- People are oversaturated with offers to ‘download my free report’ and are sick of spam in their inbox.
- Offering an email to get a white paper seems like a trick to many.
- People know they can Google the information that is available in free white papers, so you will have to elevate your offer in order to get people to opt-in.
- If you wouldn’t subscribe to it, you can’t expect others to.
- People buy when they are ready to buy and not simply because you put out another email.
21-Day Email Courses
- An email series works better than white papers, so it’s best to come up with a concept (e.g. ‘21 days to get the toxins out of your life’).
- Every day, for 21 days, send 1 action item rather than have someone read a full 10-page white paper at once.
- The 21-day concept means people are giving you permission to email them for 21 days in a row (and see your name in their inbox).
- At the bottom of the email, you can give the reader the option to ‘get all the information now’ rather than wait the 21 days to get the content in bite-sized chunks.
No Opt-In Required
- Having a no-opt-in required option ensures the majority of people will get the information, which at least gets them to the page.
- If someone downloads the no opt-in item, you are still able to send a Facebook marketing pixel so you can remarket to via Facebook.
- Through the entire series there are a number of places the audience can click and be sent.
- After the Facebook remarketing, you can start segmenting your list.
- At the end of the 21-day period, try to sell your services and let the audience know that you are automatically subscribing them to your main email list so you can keep in contact.
- People end up quitting before things get hot.
- Internet marketing is not something that will happen overnight. It’s all about consistency and persistency.
- If you want consistent leads and internet marketing to work for you, then you have to write content, send newsletters, and stick to it consistently for 6-12 months.
- Not dedicating a sufficient budget to internet marketing. Instead, hire a professional.
- If you have a budget of $400-500 dollars without a professional to help you, then you’ll waste that money.
- Don’t change the image, headline, and content at the same time. Change one thing and test it.
- Most of the time, spreadsheets are the best way to track.
Turning a Website Visitor Into a Client
- You don’t want to be dependent on Facebook and other platforms to communicate with your clients. Make sure you get your list in order.
- Email marketing is always the answer, as it allows you to nurture the relationship.
- Lindsey’s videos are weekly and run 2 minutes or less. Each has a short intro, then go into the tip.
- Videos should share valuable information and help to position you as an expert in your field.
- Video helps massive with search engine results, especially on YouTube.
- Once you create a video, you can create a blog post about it.
Designing a Killer Landing Page
1. No other menu items.
2. Headline that addresses the pain points.
3. Bulleted list of things you can help people with.
4. Form on the right-hand side (what you want them to do, e.g. name, email, big button).
5. Social proof such as testimonials.
One Click Lindsey
Traffic and Leads
Viral Content Buzz
Click to Tweet:
What are the 5 elements to a killer landing page? Find out w/@moretandl @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
Why you should ditch white papers and opt for a 21-day email course w/ @moretandl @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your Host: Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment