Stick Like Glue Radio #130 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview best-selling author Robert Coorey who has some amazing strategies on how to grow your business with webinars. Do not miss it!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview best-selling author Robert Coorey, who has some amazing strategies on how to grow your business with webinars. Do not miss it!
Main Questions Asked:
- How did you almost break the world record for having the most people on a webinar?
- What was your webinar about and how did you market it?
- Talk about the size of the list, did you do banner ads on the website?
- What is the number one thing that will have the biggest impact for the small business owner and entrepreneurs in 2015?
- Are you suggesting webinars, teleseminars, blogs, and ads are all storytelling?
- Give us an idea on how you use webinars to tell a story.
- Was there a catalyst in your life?
- Tell me about your book Feed A Starving Crowd.
- Can you talk about the reality TV show? Will you be onsite with the businesses?
- Is a lot of the show bringing your online strategies to brick and motor businesses?
- What are the top challenges most small business face today?
- What strategies can you give on how to help these businesses?
- What is your feeling on webinars versus teleseminars?
- What is the optimal lead time to promote and conduct a webinar?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Usually only 30-50% of people who sign up for webinars actually show up.
- The platform of storytelling is the predominant regardless of the channel.
- Storytelling looks more like sharing content than actual advertising.
- People want to get to know you and your brand.
- Storytelling is the safest way to go as you’ll never get blocked by Facebook or ad networks for spam or pushing too hard.
- People want to be engaged, not spoken to or spoken at.
- There are two phases to the webinar: pre-webinar and at the webinar itself.
- When you feed a ‘starving crowd,’ business is easier.
- Initially tell stories of clients who have had success.
- The more emotion you put into a story, the better the response you’ll get.
- One to two weeks of pre-promotion is sufficient time for webinars (otherwise people will forget).
- Running a webinar at short notice disrespects your audience’s time.
Challenges and Solutions:
- The biggest challenge is businesses not getting enough new customers.
- A solution is to conduct a product launch (go to your existing database) and invite people to a webinar or live event.
- Once you have a good offer, you can scale it out and start doing paid ads.
Links to Resources Mentioned
Feed a Starving Crowd
Dream Business Academy
Click to Tweet
@robertcoorey had a 7991 person webinar & almost broke a world record! Find out how he did it https://www.getjimpalmer.com/ @newsletterguru
What is the #1 thing that will impact entrepreneurs in 2015? Find out w/ @robertcoorey & @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com/
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your Host: Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment