Stick Like Glue Radio #163 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the founder of Social Media Worldwide, Corinna Essa about all that is working and new in the ever-changing world of social media marketing. Don’t miss this show!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the founder of Social Media Worldwide, Corinna Essa, about all that is working and new in the ever-changing world of social media marketing. Don’t miss this show!
Main Questions Asked:
- Talk about starting your own company and helping people in social media.
- Can you really profit using social media?
- What social media platform is best to use if someone is just getting started?
- What are the three biggest mistakes people make when they dive into social media?
- How can someone get more followers or fans?
- What is the best way to put together and implement a social media plan?
- What are some of the new trends you’re seeing in social media?
- What do you think about LinkedIn?
- Do you have a formula for getting a post to go viral?
Key Lessons Learned:
- The ROI often comes from the sheer volume of people on social media.
- Those who don’t experience ROI aren’t doing it the right way.
- A direct marketing approach, whereby a company displays products like an online catalogue, is the wrong approach for social media.
- People on social media don’t use the platform in order to buy something, so the mindset is not the same as when a user is on Amazon.
- Social media allows people to sell products in a camouflaged way through stories.
- Products, businesses, and services have great stories via their customers.
- The best way to choose social media platforms is according to the target audience and the product
- Social media is about joining or starting a conversation and nurturing leads in a non-salesy way. People go to social media to share opinions and participate.
- Affiliate marketing on Twitter is promoting other people’s posts for commission.
- Inconsistent updates - If people don’t see updates, they will assume that the company is inactive.
- Inconsistency with branding and marketing messages.
- Overselling and not customer nurturing and community building.
- Not keeping business and personal social media accounts separate.
- Organic reach is about the quality of your post, what time you’re posting, and how relevant it is. Y
- Competitions are a way to get more followers as long as the giveaway is perceived as a good value and they wouldn’t get it somewhere else.
Implementing a Social Media Plan
- Implementation should be one of the channels but not all of the channels.
- Establish your goal for social media channels. Is it direct sales, customer support, community, or garnering traffic to the site?
- Set up a content plan. How often are you going to post, what are you going to post, and who will execute the content plan?
- More social media platforms are starting out as being ad free.
- A move toward e-commerce with more features, allowing users to buy direct from social media.
- Video will be facilitated much more and given priority as reach increases.
- More people giving away things for free and then charge more for their services.
- LinkedIn is about the quality of the audience and not volume.
- Adverts on LinkedIn can be pricey, but they perform well due to the quality of audience.
- LinkedIn offers something that the other platforms don’t. It is, however, hard to get people to change how they think about you.
- This is the same concept as public relations. A post has to be a funny or unique story.
- People will like or comment on a post they agree on or enjoyed. For someone to share a post, it has to be something that they wished they had said themselves.
- In order for a post to go viral, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the audience and ask yourself, “is this something they wish they would have said themselves?”
- It has to be unique, original, and you have to be the first one to report.
Click to Tweet
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!