Stick Like Glue Radio #120 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview connection and communication expert, Jordan Harbinger. This is a very powerful call – do not miss it!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview connection and communication expert, Jordan Harbinger. This is a very powerful call – do not miss it!
Main Questions Asked
- Talk about Situational confidence
- How does body language affect confidence?
- How does one go about gaining charisma?
- What are some of the universal mistakes when trying to make a first impression?
- What’s your advice for introverts?
Key Lessons Learned
- Its not about becoming better at what you do from a skills perspective it has more to do with mindset, how you present yourself and how you interact with people
- People ‘buy’ you and if you are not willing to work on yourself as a product then you are wasting your time are never going to succeed
Confidence and Charisma
- People are drawn to others who appear confident
- Some people will appear confident even though they may not be on the inside
- When it comes to confidence, the mind follows the body and the body follows the mind
- People who chance their physiology to look confident will start to be treated differently
- Confidence becomes a habit so be sure to work on it until it does
- Charisma is the ability to make other people feel good just by being around you
- Developing charisma is possible. Start out by developing a habit of good confident physiology even when no one is looking
- ‘Being in your head’ is the opposite of presence
- What’s going on outside is just a reflection of what is going on inside
Universal Mistakes & First Impressions
- People don’t listen even though they have the best intent. This is because they are in their own head and not present
- Most people think the first impression is made when they open their mouth but its actually when you become a blip on someone else’s radar (when they notice you.)
- The best time to make a good first impression is when you walk in the room
- The only way to make that first impression is with your non-verbal communication
- Confidence is made up of proper non verbal physiology, non verbal communication, projecting a friendly vibe, and having good eye contact
- Eye contact is important so other people see you having positive interactions and want to speak to you too!
Advice for Introverts
- Introvert and shy are not the same thing
- Stop thinking of yourself as an introvert
- Labeling yourself as an introvert is basically rejecting yourself before giving other people a chance to do that
- You have a choice to work on confidence as a skillset until you get good at it or are you going to lean on being an introvert forever
- With practice you can become confident
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
The Art of Charm Podcast
Click to Tweet