Stick Like Glue Radio #138 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview rock star entrepreneur and my personal mindset coach, Melanie Benson Strick on how entrepreneurs can significantly uplevel their business! This is an extended power packed interview – don’t miss it.
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview rock star entrepreneur and my personal mindset coach, Melanie Benson Strick on how entrepreneurs can significantly uplevel their business! This is an extended power packed interview – don’t miss it.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why do entrepreneurs always seem to be in overwhelm and take productivity into the basement?
- What are common bottlenecks that are prevalent amongst entrepreneurs?
- What are some of the most common issues entrepreneurs have with money as it relates to building a successful business?
- How do you help people understand investing in growing a business?
- What are some impediments that are roadblocks for entrepreneurs?
Key Lessons Learned:
- If you want to continue to evolve, you have to shift the mindset because everything you do is a result of the way you think about it.
- People are conditioned to only use the money that they see.
What is Overwhelm?
- Overwhelm is a state of mind and strategy that we develop unconsciously, and is the enemy of productivity. It can be a perpetual state of mind for many.
- It’s a good strategy if on some level your beliefs, attitude, and unconscious limiting beliefs are out of sync with what you want to create.
- Overwhelm happens when we believe we are incapable or out of sync with a task or a goal.
- Overwhelm is the result that causes us to feel frenzied, discouraged, or stressed (negative uncomfortable feelings) because we have been telling ourselves something negative about the situation.
- This is the limitation to how much money you have and is out there.
- Creativity can be a strength that you are overusing, and is when you continue to create at the expense of profit.
- The creative process is the single most expensive part of your business.
- Look at how you can re-channel your creativity into making your offerings more profitable.
Being in the Weeds
- This is where you make decisions that limit your growth opportunity, which keeps yourself in a tight comfort zone.
- Instead of being in a ‘what’s next’ mentality, think about where you are actually going.
Poor Time Management
- This becomes a bottleneck because you are not choosing the most important and highest paying activities.
- You are the only person who can control your choices, decisions, and priority management.
- The result of poor time management is little result because you can’t get your attention on things that provide the biggest bang for your buck.
Skipping the Planning Stage
- A lot of people aim, take action, and figure it out as they go.
- If you continually skip planning, you will add weeks to getting things done on time.
- The result of skipping the planning stage is as follows:
1) Always forget things.
2) Don’t think of ‘all’ the things.
3) When you use a team, they will hate your last minute urgent requests due to ill planning.
- The issues we have about money boils down to the inner game and blue print we have running that generates a higher level of success.
- There is a lot of fear around money and success, and some people have conflict about being more successful.
- If you provide value, there is no reason you should be rewarded for helping someone.
Mastering Your Mindset
- There is a direct correlation between strategy and mindset.
- Mindset is a collection of thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes that drive your habits and strategies.
- Strategies are mental or a written set of steps you take to achieve a predictable outcome.
- Whatever level of success you have, the strategies you are using is perfectly designed to keep you there.
Learning How to Create Money
- If you want to have something but don’t have the money, then you have to decide in order to manifest the money, otherwise it’s not something you’ve made a decision for.
- Decide you will have ‘that thing,’ and you can enter a state of conviction and commitment.
- What has to happen for you to create the financial success behind it?
- Decide you will have it, commit, and then take action to move it into reality.
Impediments and Road Blocks
- Busy addiction is a cycle of working more and believing that is the path.
- As you evolve, you can take time away to recharge, and this will improve your clarity and confidence.
- Understand the power of the ‘under earning’ cycle. This is related to the fear of charging what you are worth.
- We have a condition of buying into other people’s financial limitations.
- You cannot buy into the story other people tell about there being no money.
Links to Resources Mentioned
Melanie Benson Strick
Dream Biz Academy
Click to Tweet
What are the biggest bottlenecks for entrepreneurs? Find out w/ Melanie Benson Strick @melcoach @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com/
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your Host: Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment