Social Selling – Jeff Hermann
Stick Like Glue Radio #201
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Jeff Hermann, a champion of B2B sales and marketing alignment. Jeff is also an expert in social selling and share many nuggets in this interview. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is social selling?
- Is it more important to be a creator or curator?
- Do you have any insight on where LinkedIn is going?
- How can someone get started with video?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Any person with passion, commitment, and an iPhone 6S can build a global audience.
- This is the next evolution on how individuals, entrepreneurs, sales professionals, and leaders can use the tools to scale relationships.
- How can you use tolls to connect and have more relevant conversations?
- Listen in the sense that you are observing and monitoring your prospect or customers’ social media.
- At minimum, you should be checking out people’s LinkedIn profiles. Use this information to frame a more relevant approach.
- Social selling is a fast track and dynamic space.
Why Social Selling
- In the sales arena, there has been too much focus on volume metric prospecting models.
- Social selling is about getting away from the volume metric approach and choosing more relevant language based on the buyer’s journey.
The Social Selling Maturity Curve
- You are monitoring and using the information to your advantage, but aren’t giving back or adding value.
- You are in a dialogue and can refer or help someone yourself.
- Choosing the best content of others and sharing it.
- Creating and sharing your own content.
- Building Authority
- Building up trust and creditability, and people want to go to you.
- Positioning itself as the place for business content.
- This is a strong second tier social network and has great reach.
- At a minimum, your prospects and customers have a profile.
- The lack of a profile, or a slim profile, or a deep profile tells you something about that individual.
- Jeff predicts that LinkedIn needs to get into video and will end up with native video on the site.
Scale Your Charisma
- Authenticity matters, and the rapport is built a lot quicker by producing video content.
- People want to know what you think, so the secret is to just get started.
Steps to Transform from a Sales Leader to a Thought Leader
- Just Get Started
- Goal setting
- A content marketing mission statement is the goal.
- Who is the target, what is delivered, what is the outcome for the audience?
- Who is the avatar, and how will your content resonate with that individual?
- Build an Editorial Calendar
- Choose a topic and become known for it.
- It is human nature to get comfortable and come to expect it out of habit.
- Develop Content, Choose Your Assets and Channels
- For example, the asset is video and the channel is YouTube.
Click to Tweet:
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!