Stick Like Glue Radio #102 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview Nick Rosener, author of the new hit book, Shout in the Right Direction, and we talk all about how to effectively use social media. Lots of nuggets in this interview! Check out the show notes on my blog at TheNewsletterGuru.com!
In this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I talk with Nick Rosener, the co-author of Shout In The Right Direction, a book aimed to teach small business owners how to target their audience and amplify their voice on the web.
Nick is also the owner of Tech Nick Creative, where he focuses on social media, web design, blog strategy, and other ways to help small businesses and media companies grow using the power of the web.
Main Questions Asked:
- Where did you come up with the title of your book?
- Would you rather have 20,000 people on your social contact lists or 5,000 rabid fans?
- Why do you think so many businesses fizzle out on social media?
- What is the biggest challenge today for small business owners from a marketing perspective?
- What advice do you have for small business owners on the topic of research?
- How do you choose the social media site/service that’s right for your business?
- When it comes to putting together a social media plan, how do you keep those plans in line with your business goals?
- How do we even know if social media is even producing a result?
Key Pointsmade by Nick
- On his book title: ‘Shout’ is the act of getting your message out there. ‘The Right Direction’ is getting your message to the right people.
- Don’t spend all of your effort focusing on people who cannot and will not ever be your target audience.
- Not all the people you are meant to do business with have the same social mindset as you. BE CAREFUL!
- Keep your “causes” out of your business communications; social media is a relationship-building tool.
- On research: Audit. Plan. Implement. Measure. Repeat.
- When choosing your social media service that is right for you always consult your data. Where is the traffic coming from?
- “The #1 social media metric is your profit and loss statement.” – Nick Rosener
- Social media is better at brand awareness than it is at direct conversions.
Click to Tweet!
Thank you for listening! Please subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and if you enjoyed this interview, leave a 5 star rating and review!