Stick Like Glue Radio #173 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview New York Times bestselling author, and Forbes columnist, Kevin Kruse. Over the last 20 years Kevin has started or co-founded several multi-million dollar companies which have won awards for both fast growth (Inc 500) as well as employee engagement (#4 Best Place to Work in PA). Don’t miss this important show!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview New York Times bestselling author and Forbes columnist, Kevin Kruse. Over the last 20 years Kevin has started or co-founded several multi-million dollar companies which have won awards for Fast Growth (Inc. 500), as well as Employee Engagement (#4 Best Place to Work in PA). Don’t miss this important show!
Main Questions Asked:
- What led you to write your book, 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management?
- Tell me about the Harvard experience that saved 8 hours a week.
- Did you have any ‘ah-ha’ moments when you interviewed people for your book?
- Are there any similarities between billionaires and Olympic athletes when it comes to productivity?
Key Lessons Learned:
- People think they need time management, but what they really need is extreme productivity and balance.
- How can we increase our productivity 10X while still feeling balanced?
- Sell people what they want but give them what they need.
- If people knew exactly what their time was worth, they would outsource and delegate more.
- Ultra productive people dedicate each day to a certain theme. For example, Monday for Marketing, and Tuesday for Products.
- Theming can also be useful when chunking time.
- “Never take a meeting unless someone is writing you a check.” – Mark Cuban.
- Even big companies have ‘No Meeting Wednesdays,’ which allows for ‘get things done’ time.
- Daily standup huddles are a great way to supply contextual awareness and gets rid of a lot of ‘got-a-minute?’ meetings.
Harvard Business Review Study
- By asking the following three questions, the average person freed up 6 hours of meeting time per week and 2 hours of other task time.
- Can I drop this task?
- Can I delay this task or delegate?
- Can I redesign it?
The Morning Routine
- Change your morning and change your life.
- How you spend the first 60 minutes of your day dictates the productivity level of the rest of your day.
- High achievers don’t skip meals, and they know that food is fuel.
- Schedule 1-2 hours of focus time as early in the morning as possible, as you are cognitively strongest in the morning.
- Most Important Task.
- Identify this and schedule this for early in the morning.
- We all have the same exact minutes in the day, so it’s all about energy and focus.
- How am I maximizing and maintaining my energy throughout the day?
- Have a notebook so you don’t have to carry everything in your mind.
- This is a great way to de-stress.
- This doesn’t’ mean working off a to-do list.
- Live your life from your calendar and not your to-do list.
- Protect the calendar with the power of no.
- Shut off social media notifications and email alerts.
- Don’t answer calls unless they are scheduled.
- Focus for 25-50 minutes and then have a short break.
- If we truly value the 1,440 minutes each day we have, the rest will fall into place.
Click to Tweet:
Never take a meeting unless someone is writing you a check! Click for more productivity tips @Kruse @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
Your morning routine is crucial to your productivity. Find out how to nail it w/ @Kruse @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your Host: Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment