Stick Like Glue Radio #195 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Dr. Andrea Maxim about growing a profitable practice Andre is the author of the hit book, MAXIMized Health: A New, Intelligent System for Optimal Digestion and Hormones. Don’t miss this powerful show!
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Dr. Andrea Maxim about growing a profitable practice. Andrea is the author of the hit book, MAXIMized Health: A New, Intelligent System for Optimal Digestion and Hormones. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Main Questions Asked:
- Is it difficult to become successful in the healthcare industry despite restrictions?
- Where do most practitioners fail?
- What is the No Plan B mindset?
- Talk about the key program?
- What is the first thing you would do in someone’s business who is struggling?
- Talk about having different avenues of revenue in a practice.
Key Lessons Learned:
Starting Out in Naturopathic Medicine
- If you want to be dominant in your territory, you have to step out of your own way, not be afraid to take financial risks to grow your business, and hustle.
- Andrea finds that her colleagues fall into the trap of graduating from the naturopathic school and thinking there is a demand for the service and that the flood gates will open without doing the business work to get there.
- What really helps a business grow and flourish is marketing and branding.
- Naturopathic medicine is still in the pioneering stages where a lot of people have no idea what is, want to get better, and hear alternative medicine is the way to go.
Where Naturopaths Fail
- Some naturopaths don’t use the correct language in order to talk to the patients, and use the medical jargon.
- It’s a dangerous approach to think that whatever you like is what your patients will like.
- You are not always your average customer or patient.
- A lot of naturopaths will have difficulties booking patients in for a second or third visit.
- A poor management technique is not knowing what to do with the patient after treatment, and leaving it to them to call you back.
How to Succeed
- Get to know your avatar and who they are, where they work, how much money they make, how many children they have, what kind of car they drive, and what their hobbies are.
- Use your marketing to talk to your avatar.
- Andrea ensures her patients come in every eight weeks regardless of where they are with their health journey.
- Check in with your patient annually so they know they are top of mind.
- Patients are looking for the feeling of being cared for, that someone is thinking about them, and that someone genuinely wants them to have the best quality of life possible.
- It is the naturopath’s responsibility to have the patient come in the office more in order to let them know the new products and services are on offer.
- Send out free health information so that you are staying top of mind.
- If you don’t put offers out on the table and don’t try, then you’ll never know what your clientele wants.
- Remember, the money is in the follow-up.
Get Out of Your Own Way
- A lot of practitioners don’t take responsibility for why their business isn’t working well.
- Ask yourself, “What am I not doing right?”
- The clientele you already have is your biggest asset. Use them to ask what they want via surveys and in person questions.
- A lot of the people who aren’t doing well are looking outward instead of inward.
No Plan B Mindset
- This is the “I am going to make it no matter what” mindset where you put all the chips on the table.
- You are either an entrepreneur or wantrepreneur.
- If you are thinking of alternative incomes, then you are taking away the energy and effort you could be putting into your business.
The Key Program
- Have a signature program that is turnkey and 100% automated, that is quick, and gives people results you can implement on every single patient, that you can offer all the time.
- People will refer new clients to you based off the program and the results in a short time.
- The one key program makes the language and referrals easy.
- This shows what you can do in 7 days or less, rather than explaining you are a naturopath.
- This is the gateway for people booking in.
- Is there a good call to action front and center on the homepage?
- Patients want to be told what to do when they go to the site.
- Is there a strategy for the first, second, and third visit?
- Provide anticipation of what is to come, as this will improve retention.
Different Avenues of Revenue
- Create smart passive income.
- Andrea suggests creating seminars, and selling them on the website.
- Amazon affiliate programs for referrals such as books.
MAXIMized Health (book)
Click to Tweet:
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!