Stick Like Glue Radio #141 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Brian Holmes, the Founder and President of the Strategic Living Institute, a life changing organization dedicated to teaching people to harness the power and potential that God has given them. If you have any issues with mindset and getting to the next level, do not miss this show!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Brian Holmes, the Founder and President of the Strategic Living Institute, a life changing organization dedicated to teaching people to harness the power and potential that God has given them. If you have any issues with mindset and getting to the next level, do not miss this show!
Main Questions Asked:
- Talk about next level thinking; change your mind and change your world.
- What is next level thinking?
- How do we identify bad thinking or limiting beliefs?
- What is the process for changing our thinking?
- How did you come up with having a passion for the process?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Beliefs govern our path, direction, and trajectory.
- If you are looking to take your life, business, or marriage to the next level, it will require a shift or progress in your belief system of thinking to get you there.
- If one can change their mind, then they can change the world.
- Our thinking is what drives all of our decisions, goals, and activities.
- At a core level, we believe certain things about certain activities.
- Whatever a person believes to be true about business, money, relationships, and capacity for success, (whether it is true or not) that is their truth and dominating core belief system concerning that matter.
- If a particular belief that one holds is not fully correct or accurate, then that belief is going to create a ceiling that beyond which they will never attain.
Next Level Thinking
- Next level thinking involves the process of identifying limiting beliefs to determine where in your ‘grid’ you are beholden to certain opinions, beliefs, or ideas that will prohibit you from moving to the next level.
- Sometimes next level thinking is the dismantling of a belief we’ve held since we were young children because of what we saw modeled in our world.
- Next level thinking involves replaces limiting beliefs with truth.
- This kind of thinking requires people to decide that they want to be successful and stop being an impediment to their own growth
Healing The Broken Soul
- The process involves going back and digging out some of the ‘stuff’ (thoughts and emotions) that has been hidden for years.
- Brian encourages you to bring that ‘stuff’ into the light so your heart, spirit, and soul can be healed of the past.
Identifying Limiting Beliefs
- Until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of the change, we tend to choose to remain the same.
- We all have to come to a ‘crisis of choice,’ where the opportunity and potential of what it could mean to you to go forward is appealing enough that if you don’t deal with your ‘stuff’ to get there, the loss of opportunity is going to be greater than just dealing with that moment.
- The longer we ignore the signs the greater the pain is going to be when we finally decide to deal with them.
- Next level thinking will automatically transition you to the next level, but we have to be willing to hurt for a moment to receive the reward.
Changing Our Thinking
- We have to become intently aware of our thinking.
- Most of our beliefs and thinking are so second nature that we are running on autopilot.
- We need to turn up the volume so we can hear our ‘self talk’ and the thought processes that lead us to our day-to-day decisions.
- Belief therapy is where we engage intentionally in taking the ‘truth beliefs’ and making them a mantra, repeating them several times a day out loud until it squeezes out the ‘un-belief’ and is replaced with positives beliefs.
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!