Stick Like Glue Radio #113 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview award winning marketing and social media strategist, Patty Farmer. We discuss list building and some very cool social media marketing strategies - don’t miss it!
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview award winning marketing and social media strategist, Patty Farmer. We discuss list building and some very cool social media marketing strategies - don’t miss it!
Main Questions Asked
- Why do you think list building is important?
- What are some strategies in getting connections on email lists?
- What’s going on with Facebook’s visibility strategy?
- Do you think Twitter is more interactive or just set and forget?
- What is the biggest mistake business owners make when compiling their lists?
- What do you think is the most valuable metric to measure?
- What is the number one way you’ve built your personal connections and online community?
- What do you think is going on with Google+?
- Is there a different strategy to use on Google+ as compared to Facebook?
- What is your experience with Instagram?
- Is there a best practice for opt-in offer email lists?
- Can you share a strategy on how to ‘share not sell’ when engaging and building community?
- What is one piece of advice you want to give?
Key Lessons Learned
- No one can take away your email list so the money will always be in building a good responsive list
- Have a custom tab and strong offer to opt-in on your platforms as well as offering something valuable to grab audience attention
- Have several opt-ins on different pages and drive people to different places that is appropriate to them
- Segment your list to provide real value
- Offer your list special things that only apply to them such as exclusive information only available on the list
- Engagement is more important to measure than click though
- ‘Serve not sell’ and collaboration are Patty’s top personal connection builders
- When ‘serving not selling’ make sure your verbiage is selling results and not money
- Don’t get caught up in benefits, instead offer results & show how you will serve them
- Be aware that Facebook visibility used to be 20% its now 6%
- If you have photos in your posts it will not rank as high as text only, however, it will get shared more
- Text based posts will rank higher and show up in more user news feeds
- Tip- Click the Facebook timestamp underneath your page name on a post to get the link. Add link on Twitter with an enticing sentence to drive people to your Facebook
- The biggest mistake in email lists is not asking permission to add people
- Segmenting your email list is important when creating it
- If you want more Google juice you need to be on Google+ as it’s the hub of all things Google
- Google+ is more content driven whereas Facebook is more social
- Instagram is a good platform so think about adding to your strategy, however, consider your audience and ask yourself ‘why.’ What is the goal?
Final Piece of Advice: Your list is your bank account but if you build that list on service and relationships, it will be a retirement account!
2 click to tweet links (clicktotweet.com)