Stick Like Glue Radio #178 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the president and founder of Frame of Mind Coaching and JournalEngine™ Software, Kim Adea. We talk about coaching, emotional resilience and achieving more in your business. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the president and founder of Frame of Mind Coaching and JournalEngine™ Software, Kim Ades. We talk about coaching, emotional resilience, and achieving more in your business. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Main Questions Asked:
- What drew you into the coaching world?
- What are the ‘7 Thinking Traps That Leaders Encounter?’
- Talk about the type of people you coach.
- Is there a certain amount of time it takes when it comes to coaching?
- How did you discover that journaling is a key part of coaching?
- Is journaling something you have to teach men more than women?
- What do you do in regards to ‘thinking time?’
- What is emotional resilience?
- What advice do you have for people who struggle with implementation?
Key Lessons Learned:
- There is one common factor between top performers in every industry, and it is their higher degree of emotional resilience.
- People who are able to bounce back from adversity with greater speed and agility have a higher likelihood of succeeding.
- People with high emotional resilience not only get up faster but also leverage their adversity.
- Kim looks at the ‘7 Thinking Traps That Leaders Encounter.’
- Thinking traps prevent people from reaching their goals.
- This looks at how thinking impacts outcomes.
Who Kim Works With
- Entrepreneurs, executives, and innovators with the following in common:
1. They are extremely driven and have big goals.
2. Want to make a difference in the world and leave a positive impact.
3. They are spirited people who want to experience amazing things in their lifetime through the process of engagement.
- Most people who become entrepreneurs have the potential to become high achievers, but they can’t get out of their own way.
- Small companies are a 100% reflection of the owner and the thinking of that owner.
- When looking at a broken system, you have to look at the thinking that created that broken system.
- If you just fix the system without looking at the ‘brain’ that created it, you are only fixing part of it. The problem is likely to continue to occur.
10 Weeks of Coaching
- Kim starts with a 10-week intensive coaching period that acts as the foundation.
- Each week there is a 1-hour coaching call that is recorded.
- When calls are recorded, the client can re-listen and pay attention to his or her language, stories, and thinking patterns.
- The client writes in an online journal every day for the 10 weeks.
- The journal highlights the link between thoughts and outcomes.
Journal-Based Coaching Method
- The frequency of communication fosters trust over time. In order to build trust, you have to go deep.
- The higher driven population does a lot of reading in the area of self-development.
- Highly driven entrepreneurs understand journaling leads you to success.
Mindset Impacts Business Results
- The way a leader thinks has the biggest impact towards the outcome of the business over and above any other factor.
- Entrepreneurs look at their business and say, “What can I do differently?” and begin with the ‘doing,’ but that is actually the tail end. The ‘thinking’ part is the front end of the equation.
- Often, entrepreneurs ‘spin their wheels’ with activity without actually reaching goals. Slow down and ensure your thoughts are lined up with your actions.
- It’s important to build thinking time into your day.
- When you do a repetitive action that you can engage in without thought, your brain often comes up with amazing ideas and is able to solve complex problems.
- Write down what you want, e.g. “I want to increase my sales.”
- Make sure to write in sentences and not point form.
- How would my life be impacted if I never reached the goal?
- What is preventing me from achieving this goal?
- Are these ideas true?
- Get down to the core issue and challenge it with the following:
- What are the beliefs I have around this thought of why I can’t achieve my goals?
- The above will show you that it is your thinking that is preventing you from reaching your goals.
Click to Tweet:
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!