Stick Like Glue Radio #175 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the Functional Medicine Doc – Carri Drzyzga on her new program, Entrepreneurial Fatigue – How to Fuel Your Brain & Body for Entrepreneurial Suc-cess . Don’t miss this powerful show.
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview the Functional Medicine Doc, Carri Drzyzga, on her new program, Entrepreneurial Fatigue – How to Fuel Your Brain & Body for Entrepreneurial Success. Don’t miss this powerful show.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why are you so passionate about entrepreneurial fatigue, and why did you create this program?
- Is there a difference between physical fatigue and mental fatigue?
- Is there a correlation between mental exhaustion and how your body responds?
- How does fatigue affect entrepreneurial bottom lines?
- What is the root cause of fatigue?
- Talk about skipping meals.
- What are natural treatments for fatigue?
- Talk about supplements and vitamins.
- What are some of the signs that your blood sugar is too low?
- Talk about color breathing.
Key Lessons Learned:
Functional Medicine & Fatigue
- Functional medicine is where you find the cause, fix the cause, and feel normal again.
- Many doctors don’t see fatigue as a serious problem, so they simply recommend taking time off in order to fix the problem.
Rating Your Fatigue
- How do you rate your average energy level from 0-10?
- If you aren’t at an 8 or higher, then you are suffering from some level of fatigue.
- Fatigue affects not only you and your family but also your business’s bottom line.
Fatigue and Entrepreneurs
- Your number one business asset is ‘you,’ and you need to keep yourself healthy.
- Lack of sleep will start catching up with you if it becomes part of your lifestyle.
Root Causes of Fatigue
- Long work hours.
- Not shutting brain off and having down time.
- Not practicing stress management.
- Not getting good sleep.
- Not talking vitamins.
- Not eating enough vegetables.
- We live in a society with a lot of light, and when we sleep at night, we should be sleeping in a bedroom so dark that you can’t see your hand in front of your face.
- These days there is too much ambient light in bedrooms, mostly coming from electronics: TV, alarm clock, cell phone, and cable box.
- Ambient light blocks your brain from producing adequate amounts of melatonin.
- This is like not putting gasoline in your car, and your blood sugar crashes.
- You can invest in hiring someone to prepare meals, a menu, or do your grocery shopping. Think of it as part of entrepreneur delegation.
- Make sure you are ingesting enough protein and drinking enough water.
- Practice stress management.
- Cortisol is your main stress hormone, and when it is out of balance, it will atrophy your brain.
- Take magnesium before you go to bed.
- Use a white noise machine with nature sounds while you sleep.
- Exercise. You can do this on the job in chunks of 10 minutes.
- Check your diet. Key vitamins and nutrients are essential to the body and keep the brain strong.
Supplements and Vitamins
- People often take the right vitamins but don’t take the correct dose in order to have an effect on the body.
- The majority of supplements need to be taken with meals so they get properly absorbed.
- The vinegar test is a way to see if your multivitamin gets absorbed or ends up in the toilet.
- If you crave sugar, then your blood sugar is too low.
- If you are eating a meal and it gives you a boost of energy, it means your blood sugar was too low to start with.
- If you have a difficult time staying asleep at night, it means your blood sugar is crashing, which will wake you up.
- If you feel tired after a meal, it means you ate too many carbs and your blood sugar is too high.
- If you crave sweets after you have eaten, you ate too many carbs.
- If you have a hard time falling asleep, your blood sugar is too high and you’re are eating too many carbs.
- The more you start paying attention to your diet and health the easier it is to trouble shoot.
- This is a simple form of meditation that takes 5 minutes.
- Take a deep breath in and imagine breathing in your favorite color.
- Breathe out a color you hate or blackness.
- Focusing on the colors is a good way to shut your brain off from your mind chatter and to-do list.
Click to Tweet:
What does ambient lighting have to do with entrepreneurial fatigue? Find out w/ @DrCarriD @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
What is the root cause of entrepreneruial fatigue? Find out & make changes w/ @DrCarriD @newsletterguru https://www.getjimpalmer.com
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!