Stick Like Glue Radio #159 On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Dr. Kenford Nedd, Internationally renowned keynote speaker and practicing Medical Doctor in Behavioral Medicine and Stress management. Ken is also the author of The Time to Be Happy is Now! Don’t miss this important show!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this special episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview Dr. Kenford Nedd, internationally renowned keynote speaker and practicing medical doctor in behavioral medicine and stress management. Ken is also the author of The Time to Be Happy is Now. Don’t miss this important show!
Main Questions Asked:
- Tell us how you got into this specific field.
- Are things getting progressively harder or does every generation think that?
- What are practical steps you can suggest to entrepreneurs?
- What are the main characteristics of a happy person?
Key Lessons Learned:
- 90% of symptoms are a result of stress and the way we react to life.
- We are no longer in the age of stress but rather in the age of super stress. American nervousness is at its peak.
- This is the first time in life that stress is inescapable.
- Stress is the response of an individual to the difficulties and hardships.
- Stress derails the sympathetic tone of the body.
- It’s not money successful business owners want, it’s freedom.
- Entrepreneurs have to retrain the brain to have superior psychophysiological power so excess stress and demands won’t slow you down.
- The antidote to stress is happiness, not breathing or exercise.
- A 50-year study showed that one of the three cardinal associations with long life is happiness.
- If you know how to install happiness, you will solve a lot of problems and make more money.
- Act as if you are happy even if you don’t feel like it. The chemicals will come through the body regardless of whether the feeling is real.
- Giving is the first step to getting if you want to grow.
- Make the decision to be happy rather than waiting for something to get easier.
- The ultimate decision to being happy is getting your mindset correct.
- G – Grateful and being a giver.
- L – Listen, learn, laugh, and love.
- A – Attitude and actions.
- D – Decide to be happy.
- Take happiness seriously.
- Laughing and smiling will change your body’s chemistry.
Characteristics of a Happy Person
- Empathetic (secretes hormones that will make other people happy).
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!