Stick Like Glue Radio #121 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview blogging and content creation expert, Rebecca Livermore. Rebecca shares some great tips to create content and get it read – do not miss this call!
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio I interview blogging and content creation expert, Rebecca Livermore. Rebecca shares some great tips to create content and get it read – do not miss this call!
Main Questions Asked
- Why should entrepreneurs and small business owners care about blogging today?
- Has blogging become passé as compared to newer social media strategies?
- What are the biggest challenges with blogging?
- How important are likes, shares, and comments?
- How often should people be looking at Google Analytics?
- What strategies do you have for getting fast results for someone starting out?
- How do you come up with content ideas and what to write about?
- What does it mean to write a blog with your ‘unique voice’?
- What do you think about repurposing content?
- How many places could you use content from a blog post?
Key Lessons Learned
- A blog is the heart of your presence online especially when it comes to your content
- A lot of what we do on social media is sharing what we put on our blogs
- Everything we do online can drive traffic to our blog
- Your blog is the one piece of online real estate you own (YouTube, Facebook and other platforms can change their terms of service or disappear e.g Facebook is turning to pay-to-play model)
- For years people have said ‘blogging is dead’ yet it continues to grow
- People are turning to podcasting because there aren’t as many podcasts as there are blogs (you can also put the podcast on your blog)
- If you continue to release content in on a number of platforms you will eventually attract the right clients and prospects
- When something is challenging often people won’t stick with it (use this to your advantage and keep going)
- Consistency – challenges include content ideas, frequency and posting schedules
- Time – be realistic about how much time you can devote to blogging and develop your own blogging rhythm (frequency)
- Comments – You can’t take your comments to the bank so measure the things that matter
- Instead of focusing on the numbers of Google Analytics look at the growth each month
- You can also set up goals in Google Analytics to measure to see what you are doing is working
- Use Google Analytics to see what impact the time you are spending on your blog is having on your stats
- It can be difficult having fast results from blogging so keep a consistent pace
- Start out with one post a week and invest in promoting the content you create
- Just because you create the content doesn’t mean that people will come
- To speed up the process in the beginning create your content and promote on social
- Get input from other people
- Ask your readers via your email list what they want to read/ issues they want addressed
- Write things that will meet your readers needs
- Pay attention to the questions people ask on a regular basis whether it be in social media or on other platforms (use blog posts to answer those questions)
- In your blog posts be yourself and don’t try to be somebody else
- People will either like you or not (if they don’t then they are not right for you)
- If you try to be somebody else you’ll end up being a cheap imitation
- If you aren’t repurposing content then you are missing out on reaching as many people as possible across platforms
- It’s not about copying and pasting content and posting it in different places you have options such as the following:
- Take snippets to create tweets or images with text
- Put related posts together with transitional information and make e-book
- Take related content and create a podcast
- Record an audio blog post
- Take main points to create a Powerpoint presentation and upload to Slideshare
- Add audio to Powerpoint, add animation and add to YouTube
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5 star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Newsletter Guru TV
Professional Content Creation
Rebecca Livermore on Twitter
Rebecca Livermore on Facebook
Click to Tweet
What are the best ways to repurpose blog content? Find out with #blogging and content creation expert @rlivermore www.getjimpalmer.com
Why should entrepreneurs & small business owners care about blogging? Find out w/ @rlivermore on Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your Host: Cap't Jim Palmer, The Dream Business Coach
Cap’t Jim Palmer, best known internationally as the Dream Business Coach, is creator of the Dream Business Mastermind and Coaching Program and host of Dream Business Radio – a weekly podcast based on Jim’s smart marketing and dream business building strategies. Claim your FREE Dream Business Transformation now!
Leave A Comment