With millions of people using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and more, there is no denying that social media indeed plays a big role in internet marketing today. You can use these websites for your business, but are you doing it right? Here are some do’s and don’ts that you can follow to make sure that you use your social media presence to the fullest.
- Post regularly. Regular updates and posts remind people that your business is there. An update or two every day or so is all it takes to keep your online presence.
- Share a range of content. Long posts can be boring, so keep things interesting by sharing pictures, videos, and links, too.
- Encourage interaction. Ask open ended questions and try to find out what your followers have to say about things. Asking others their opinion actually makes them feel more valuable and needed.
- Make friends with your followers. Answer questions and resolve issues politely. Being open and friendly improves your relationship with them.
- Post informative updates. People like things that bring value to them, so provide them with insightful content (related to your business) that they can also use.
- Remember that spam is equivalent to evil in the internet world, so avoid social spamming at all cost. These actions include sending automatic private or direct messages, posting promotional comments on other pages and providing unsolicited and irrelevant links to others. DO NOT DO THESE at all costs. Doing so will reduce your business credibility.
- Make extreme statements about crucial topics such as religion or politics – unless that is what your business is all about. You may end up putting off some potential clients.
- Ignore people. When people interact with you, they are taking the time to do so. Thus, it is essential that you also take the time to get back to them. Answer questions and respond to whatever feedback you receive. Take time to interact and build relationships with others.
- Over advertise. Promotion is a good thing, but repetitive advertising and over-exposure can be off putting as well.
There are many ways to succeed (and fail) when using social media websites for marketing, but you can start with these tips first to ensure that your efforts work well for you.