Stick Like Glue Radio #138 On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview rock star entrepreneur and my personal mindset coach, Melanie Benson Strick on how entrepreneurs can significantly uplevel their business! This is an extended power packed interview – don’t miss it.
Stick Like Glue Radio www.getjimpalmer.com
On this episode of Stick Like Glue Radio, I interview rock star entrepreneur and my personal mindset coach, Melanie Benson Strick on how entrepreneurs can significantly uplevel their business! This is an extended power packed interview – don’t miss it.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why do entrepreneurs always seem to be in overwhelm and take productivity into the basement?
- What are common bottlenecks that are prevalent amongst entrepreneurs?
- What are some of the most common issues entrepreneurs have with money as it relates to building a successful business?
- How do you help people understand investing in growing a business?
- What are some impediments that are roadblocks for entrepreneurs?
Key Lessons Learned:
- If you want to continue to evolve, you have to shift the mindset because everything you do is a result of the way you think about it.
- People are conditioned to only use the money that they see.
What is Overwhelm?
- Overwhelm is a state of mind and strategy that we develop unconsciously, and is the enemy of productivity. It can be a perpetual state of mind for many.
- It’s a good strategy if on some level your beliefs, attitude, and unconscious limiting beliefs are out of sync with what you want to create.
- Overwhelm happens when we believe we are incapable or out of sync with a task or a goal.
- Overwhelm is the result that causes us to feel frenzied, discouraged, or stressed (negative uncomfortable feelings) because we have been telling ourselves something negative about the situation.
- This is the limitation to how much money you have and is out there.
- Creativity can be a strength that you are overusing, and is when you continue to create at the expense of profit.
- The creative process is the single most expensive part of your business.
- Look at how you can re-channel your creativity into making your offerings more profitable.
Being in the Weeds
- This is where you make decisions that limit your growth opportunity, which keeps yourself in a tight comfort zone.
- Instead of being in a ‘what’s next’ mentality, think about where you are actually going.
Poor Time Management
- This becomes a bottleneck because you are not choosing the most important and highest paying activities.
- You are the only person who can control your choices, decisions, and priority management.
- The result of poor time management is little result because you can’t get your attention on things that provide the biggest bang for your buck.
Skipping the Planning Stage
- A lot of people aim, take action, and figure it out as they go.
- If you continually skip planning, you will add weeks to getting things done on time.
- The result of skipping the planning stage is as follows:
1) Always forget things.
2) Don’t think of ‘all’ the things.
3) When you use a team, they will hate your last minute urgent requests due to ill planning.
- The issues we have about money boils down to the inner game and blue print we have running that generates a higher level of success.
- There is a lot of fear around money and success, and some people have conflict about being more successful.
- If you provide value, there is no reason you should be rewarded for helping someone.
Mastering Your Mindset
- There is a direct correlation between strategy and mindset.
- Mindset is a collection of thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes that drive your habits and strategies.
- Strategies are mental or a written set of steps you take to achieve a predictable outcome.
- Whatever level of success you have, the strategies you are using is perfectly designed to keep you there.
Learning How to Create Money
- If you want to have something but don’t have the money, then you have to decide in order to manifest the money, otherwise it’s not something you’ve made a decision for.
- Decide you will have ‘that thing,’ and you can enter a state of conviction and commitment.
- What has to happen for you to create the financial success behind it?
- Decide you will have it, commit, and then take action to move it into reality.
Impediments and Road Blocks
- Busy addiction is a cycle of working more and believing that is the path.
- As you evolve, you can take time away to recharge, and this will improve your clarity and confidence.
- Understand the power of the ‘under earning’ cycle. This is related to the fear of charging what you are worth.
- We have a condition of buying into other people’s financial limitations.
- You cannot buy into the story other people tell about there being no money.
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet